Veteran musician and producer Pa Chris Ajilo has died at the age of 91.
The musician died on Saturday morning after he was rushed to Wesley Guild Hospital, Ilesha.
According to his friends, singer Orlando Julius and his wife Latoya Aduke, Pa Ajilo was hale and hearty when they visited him on Thursday.
“It is a painful loss to us. I took Orlando to see him on Thursday at his house. Pa was so happy,” says Latoya, wife of Orlando Julius.
Ajilo’s songs include ‘Eko Gba Gbere’, ‘Ariwo’ and ‘Emi Mimo’.
He is the last of generation of veterans like Victor Olaiya, Bobby Benson and others that formed the Nigerian Union of Musicians, the first guild for musicians.
Ajilo was also a producer for polygraph turned Polygram Records who produced several albums notably Olisa Osadebe’s ‘Osondi Owendi’. Born Christopher Ajilore, the deceased was a native of Ijebu-Ijesa.
Photo Credit: Getty
The post ‘Eko Gba Gbere’ Singer, Pa Chris Ajilo, Is Dead Aged 91 appeared first on Newzandar News.
- Nigerians drag DonJazzy as he reveals the only condition for his future wife to live peacefully with him
- Ric Hassani reacts as NBC bans his latest song, ‘Thunder fire you’
- P-Square: Peter Okoye Reacts As Father-In-Law ‘Papa’ Is Laid To Rest
- I Killed The Prom Queen Bassist Sean Kennedy Dead At 35
- Cruz Jokes About Cancun Trip, Dabbles in COVID Denial in Bizarre CPAC Rant