A track coach who left Northeastern after a sexual harassment investigation and was then hired by another university is facing several charges after allegedly duping female athletes to send him nude photographs in an elaborate social media scheme—and cyberstalking at least one of them.
Steve Waithe, 28, has been charged with cyberstalking and wire fraud after allegedly using several online aliases to “trick female then-current or former Northeastern University Track and Field athletes into sending him nude or semi-nude photos” by claiming their private photos had been posted online, prosecutors said. Authorities also allege Waithe cyberstalked at least one former Northeastern athlete, according to an affidavit unsealed on Wednesday.
He was arrested Wednesday in Chicago and is expected to make his initial court appearance this afternoon.
Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast here
- Veteran Cop Who Killed Daunte Wright Arrested for Second-Degree Manslaughter
- Chet Hanks’ Ex Sues Him for $1M Over Alleged Abuse, as He Celebrates ‘White Boy Summer’
- Matt Gaetz’s Wingman Paid Dozens of Young Women—and a 17-Year-Old
- Paul Flores Taken Into Custody in Connection With Kristin Smart Case
- How Madoff, the ‘Man Without a Soul,’ Hustled His Victims From the Shadows