Roma boss, Jose Mourinho, has advised England manager, Gareth Southgate, on team selection when they face Italy in the Euro 2020 final on Sunday night at Wembley.
Mourinho urged Southgate to opt for a 4-3-3 formation in the Euro final in order to counteract Italy’s three-man midfield.
The former Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur manager also wants the Three Lions coach to play Kalvin Phillips and Declan Rice in England’s midfield against Italy.
Italy vs Spain: Mourinho picks country to reach Euro 2020 final
Speaking to talkSPORT, Mourinho said, “I think I didn’t make many mistakes trying to predict what Gareth would do in every match. Changing the system against Germany was pure pragmatism.
“They keep the back four against Denmark and looking at the way Italy play, I don’t see that changing.
“The power of Italy is in the midfield. That midfield is the engine of that team. It is there that they have all the control of every game.
“I don’t see any need in going to a back five. They should keep the great couple of Phillips and Rice.”
The post England vs Italy Mourinho advises Southgate on team selection for Euro 2020 final appeared first on Newzandar News.
- Kane Skips Spurs Return Amid City Transfer Talk – Newspot
- India tour of England: Virat Kohli on verge of achieving 5 big records in England- check out
- Messi, Ronaldo, Kante, Others Likely For Ballon d’Or
- India vs England Test series: From Kohli-Anderson to Joe Root-Ashwin, 5 dream matchups to watch out
- IND vs ENG LIVE Streaming: Sony Sports & SonyLIV to LIVE Stream India vs England Test series live in 4 languages, check details