Raheem Sterling scored the decisive goal as Manchster City narrowly defeated Arsenal 1-0 in their Premier League clash at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday.
Sterling hit the back of the net in the 23rd minute after Bernd Leno kept out Phil Foden’s initial shot.
Arsenal, who made a late change before kick-off with David Luiz replacing the injured Rob Holding, had their chances but Ederson made crucial saves to deny Bukayo Saka and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
The hosts struggled to kill the game off and the Gunners handed a debut to Deadline Day signing Thomas Partey late on as they searched for an equaliser, but there was no way through for Mikel Arteta’s side as City held on for a confidence-boosting win.
Pep Guardiola’s side, who still have a game in hand, move up to 10th on seven points after a seventh straight Premier League win over Arsenal, while the Gunners stay fifth on nine points.
The post EPL: Sterling scores as Man City narrowly defeat Arsenal appeared first on Within Nigeria.
- Man City vs Arsenal: Partey reveals who convinced him to join Gunners
- Man City vs Arsenal: How Arsenal may line-up against Manchester City this weekend
- EPL: What Arteta told Arsenal players after 1-0 defeat at Man City
- Man City vs Arsenal: Guardiola defends Aguero for grabbing female assistant referee’s neck
- Mourinho reveals why Tottenham threw away three-goal lead to draw 3-3 with West Ham