Former Cameroon international, Samuel Eto’o has said Andy Fati has what it takes to fill in the vacuum that a Lionel Messi exit from Barcelona will create in the Spanish club.
Messi is expected to leave the Camp Nou at the end of the season when his contract expires.
Manchester City and Paris St Germain are listed as his likely destination.
Eto’o who spent time at Barcelona and played alongside Messi believes Fati is the only one that can fill up for Barcelona after a Messi exit.
“I think [Fati] is the one for the future,” Eto’o told SPORTbible.
“He’s currently doing amazing stuff, so I think the club really needs to groom him and take very good care of him.
“Let’s hope he’s the one to take over from Messi.”
Fati began this season in fine form with five goals and four assists in 10 games, before he suffered a major knee injury in November and remains sidelined for a number of weeks.
- Messi will do everything in his power to stay at Barcelona ― Laporta
- Supercopa de Espana: Messi shown first red card of his Barcelona career in shocking Spanish Super Cup defeat against Athletic Club
- Spanish Super Cup final: Barcelona’s squad to face Athletic Bilbao confirmed
- Key battles in Liverpool’s Man Utd showdown
- Three Key Battles In Sunday’s EPL Showdown – Newspot