Former Manchester United and England striker, Michael Owen, has predicted that Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur will begin this season’s Europa League with victories.
The Gunners travel to Austria to take on Rapid Vienna in their first group fixture.
Owen is backing Mikel Arteta’s men to their campaign off to a winning start with a 1-0 victory.
“Mikel Arteta is most likely to make some changes here, and with his side playing well, I can see the Londoners coming away with maximum points,” he told BetVictor.
Arsenal’s North London rivals Tottenham are also in action and face LASK at home in Group B.
Owen believes Jose Mourinho’s men will prove too hot to handle for their Austrian opponents.
“Jose Mourinho’s men will see this as a more than achievable three points, and possibly more significantly, as a springboard into their next Premier League fixture against Burnley.
“On their day LASK can be a tricky side to play against, but I feel Tottenham will have too much here,” he added.
The post Europa League: Michael Owen predicts Rapid Vienna vs Arsenal, Tottenham vs LASK appeared first on Newzandar News.
- Liverpool Are Strong Despite Injuries – Brendan Rodgers
- Premier League LIVE: Liverpool vs Leicester City Head to Head Statistics, Possible Line-ups, Premier League Dates, LIVE Streaming Link, Teams Stats, Results, Fixture, and Schedule
- [Goals Highlight] Newcastle 0 – 2 Chelsea (Watch Here)
- Lampard Warns Chelsea Players Ahead Of Tottenham Clash
- UCL: Giroud’s late strike vs Rennes sends Chelsea into round of 16