Popular Islamic cleric, Sheikh Abubakar Gumi has called on the Federal Government to extend the proposed amnesty programme to bandits in the Southern part of the country.
Gumi also dismissed the reports that the bandits involved in kidnappings were foreigners, stating that they are Nigerians.
Recall that after a meeting with bandits in Niger State, Sheikh Gumi urged the government to grant them ‘blanket’ amnesty.
During the recent interview, Gumi said everyone carrying a gun should also be included in the amnesty programme for the country to have a fresh start.
He also noted that northern governors, except Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, had accepted his reaching out to bandits in the North.
- ‘They Are Peaceful People’: Sheikh Gumi Makes Case For Fulani-Herdsmen-Turned-Bandits
- SHOCKING!!! Bandits Are Peaceful People, Victims Of Circumstances – Sheikh Gumi Reveals
- Fulani Herdsmen Not Bandits But Militants Fighting Ethnic War – Sheikh Gumi
- Why Bandits Dialogue With Me – Sheikh Gumi Reveals
- Bandits Are Actually People With Good Minds – Sheikh Ahmad Gumi