Popular human rights lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN) has urged the Federal Government to dialogue with separatists groups to douse tension and agitations in the country.
Falana made the appeal while speaking at the south-west zonal public hearing of the house of representatives special committee on the review of the 1999 constitution in Lagos, on Wednesday.
He stated that the federal government should engage rather than declare war on separatists groups.
He pointed out that dialogue is the only way to ensure peace in the country.
“We are suggesting that the Federal Government should enter into meaningful dialogue with all separatists groups so that perceived injustice can be addressed,” Falana said.
“This is the only way to guarantee peace in the country.”
The post Falana to FG: Dialogue With Separatist Groups To Guarantee Peace In Nigeria appeared first on Information Nigeria.
- JUST IN: Reps Panel Screens Yahaya, New Army Chief
- Fear Of Unknown Gunmen: I am ready for Dialogue — Uzodinma begs
- Biafra: Ngige Reveals Those Causing Chaos In South-East
- Twitter’s Founder, Dorsey, Liable For EndSARS Losses- FG
- Police Should Apologise To Protesters Who Were Arrested On June 12 – Newspot