The nation’s top infectious disease expert expressed horror on Sunday over attendees of a conservative political conference loudly applauding the inability of the federal government to hit its vaccine goals.
With new variants of COVID-19 now surging in areas with low vaccination rates and right-wing media promoting vaccine hesitancy to its viewers, the Conservative Political Action Conference in Texas invited noted “Covid Contrarian” Alex Berenson to fearmonger about the safe and effective coronavirus vaccines.
Speaking on the CPAC stage on Saturday, Berenson—who The Atlantic once labeled the “Pandemic’s Wrongest Man”— prompted cheers from the crowd when he boasted that “the government was hoping that they could sort of sucker 90 percent of the population into getting vaccinated, and it isn’t happening.”
- Biden Defends New Vaccine Requirement for Federal Workers
- Experts Slam Biden’s ‘Unconvincing’ Push for Vaccine Mandate
- New York City To Offer People $100 To Get Vaccinated
- Does Dolly Parton Know What’s Happening at Her Stampede?
- Geraldo Threatens to Kick Fox Co-Host ‘in the Ass’ to Protect His Grandkids