Firefighters called to extinguish a boat fire in Brooklyn were shocked to find a dead man onboard, officials said.
The episode unfolded at 6:15 a.m. Saturday when cops and firefighters responded to a 911 call regarding a boat blaze at Pier 5 Marina in Brooklyn Bridge park, the NYPD said.
Upon arrival, firefighters doused the flames on the 52-foot Jefferson Recreational boat, but upon closer look an 86-year-old man was found “unconscious and not responsive” in the hull, police said.
The man was pronounced dead at Kings County Hospital.
The investigation is ongoing, and the city medical examiner will determine the cause of death, said police, who withheld the man’s identity pending family notification.
Anyone with information is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).
The post FDNY finds dead man on board while battling Brooklyn boat blaze appeared first on Newzandar News.
- New Yorkers tell serial killer suspect to ‘rot in hell!’ as he leaves NYPD station
- How canceled NYC COVID-19 vaccine appointments will be rescheduled
- One Feared Dead, Others Injured As Gas Plant Explodes In Delta
- Ex- IGP Gambo Jimeta Is Dead, Buhari Mourns
- Cavaliers vs Nets LIVE: Cleveland Cavaliers vs Brooklyn Nets -Jan 23- NBA LIVE stream, Watch Online, Schedules, Date, India time, Live Score, Result Updates