The popular Prince Ebeano Supermarket at Lokogoma district in Abuja caught fire late on Saturday.
Naija News reports that the fire outbreak was confirmed by Ibrahim Muhammad, Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the Federal Capital Territory Fire Service.
Muhammad said that firefighters from several fire service stations in Asokoro, Garki, Games Village and the National Judicial Institute in Abuja combated the “massive” fire.
He stated that the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained, adding that it was also yet unknown if lives were lost and the extent of property lost in the incident.
“Until after the fire has been put off we cannot say if any life was lost to the inferno,” Muhammad said.
The inferno has caused confusion in the area as people were seen scampering for safety.
This article was originally published on Nigeria News
- LET’S TALK!! Why Do Muslims Get Angry Whenever Prophet Muhammad Is Insulted?
- Photos of the five Corps members who died in auto crash
- Deceased Rapper FBG Duck’s Mother CRASHES The $100K Car He Bought!! (Video)
- Partygoers kill gunman with bricks after he opened fire at Texas home
- El-Zakzaky, Wife Flown To Abuja For Medical Treatment