David Motz, 31, was arrested and charged Wednesday with aggravated stalking after allegedly actively following, threatening, and harassing his ex-girlfriend almost daily “for approximately one year,” according to a probable cause affidavit obtained by The Daily Beast.
Among Charlotte County Sheriff Deputy Motz’s alleged abusive acts, according to the woman who was not identified in court records for her protection, was a threat that if he were to lose his job by virtue of her reporting him, she would “end up like Denise Amber Lee.” In 2008, Lee, a 21-year-old mother of two, was kidnapped, raped, and murdered in a gruesome case that rocked Florida.
Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast here
- Co-Owner of Shady Beverly Hills Vault Business Accused of ‘Extensive’ Criminal Empire
- Prince Harry’s Memoir May Reveal How Meghan Markle ‘Liberated’ Him
- The Disturbing Story Behind Tucker Carlson’s Favorite Black Cop
- Partygoers kill gunman with bricks after he opened fire at Texas home
- Road-Tripping Through the Landscape That Spawned El Chapo