A Florida man who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 and took a selfie inside the Senate chamber while donning a Trump campaign flag and protective eye goggles is the first insurrectionist to get prison time for his crime.
Paul Hodgkins, a 38-year-old Tampa resident, was sentenced to 8 months in prison on Monday after previously pleading guilty to a single felony count of obstruction of an official proceeding. D.C. District Judge Randolph Moss also sentenced Hodgkins to 24 months of supervision after detention, on top of the already agreed-upon $2,000 in restitution and a promise to cooperate with federal prosecutors in their ongoing investigation into the riot.
Moss did not order Hodgkins to immediately go into custody; instead, he will be allowed to self-surrender to the Bureau of Prisons at a later date.
Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast here
- Former Top NXIVM Lieutenant with New Career in Dog Grooming Dodges Prison
- QAnon-Loving Ex-Marine Accused in Capitol Riot Fled to Mexico as Feds Closed In
- BREAKING!! US Court Orders FBI To Arrest And Detain Abba Kyari Over Hushpuppi’s Million$ Fraud
- Igboho To Benin Court: I Fled Nigeria To Avoid Being Killed
- The Cotonou Prison Where Igboho Will Be Held For Weeks (Photos)