Rear Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu, a former Lagos state and old Imo State military Governor has reportedly died of suspected COVID-19 complications.
A source close to the family confirmed to TheNewsGuru, TNG that he died in Lagos today at 3am. Born November 3, 1943, Admiral Kanu would have been 78years old this year.
The Admiral who has not enjoyed the best of health in recent years was said to have gone home to the east during the Christmas season for the introduction ceremony of his daughter who was getting married to a man (both of them from abroad).
“He was noticed to have had mild cough then and his condition deteriorated suddenly. Had to quickly fly back to Lagos where Covid-19 infection was diagnosed. He had been on intensive care with oxygen,“ the source said.
- Imo Governor Congratulates New Service Chiefs, Commends Buhari – Newspot
- Jubilation In Military Barracks As President Buhari Sacks Buratai, Others (Video)
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks service chiefs, appoints fresh hands
- New Service Chiefs Won’t Be Able To Stop Boko Haram, Others – Nnamdi Kanu
- Meet the new Chief of Naval Staff