As CNN, MSNBC and, presumably millions of Americans, were still fixated on the deeply compelling and disturbing presentation by the Democratic House impeachment managers in the Senate trial, Fox News made the bold decision to cut away at 5 p.m. ET for its regularly scheduled program, The Five.
Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) was mid-sentence when moderator Jesse Watters abruptly broke in, introducing a panel that on this day, for some reason, also included Judge Jeanine Pirro. “The political math doesn’t add up,” Watters began. “Democrats don’t have the votes, yet they’re still pressing ahead.”
After playing a handful of short clips from the day’s proceedings, and a counter argument from Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) on Hannity the night before, Dana Perino joined Watters in drawing a false equivalence between Trump’s inciting words and various comments made by Democrats over the years.
- Trevor Noah Goes Off on Ted Cruz’s Shameless Texas Photo Op
- Tina Turner Gives Fans an Intimate Look Into Her Life in the Teaser Trailer For Her HBO Doc
- Don’t Miss Your Shot to Own These Hamilton Funko Pop Figures
- Ind vs Eng 3rd Test: Gautam Gambhir wants three pacers in playing 11 for Pink-ball Test; check details inside
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series Has Plenty of New Faces in Season 2