Between the 1960s and the 90s, Nigeria was a formidable presence in the international sports scene. However, sports have been in decline since the 2000s. Today, sports development in the country has been severely neglected.
In this episode of “Public Eye“, Funmi Iyanda sits with a veteran journalist and Minister of Youths and Sports, Sunday Akin Dare, and athletes, Falilat Ogunkoya and Enefiok Udo Obong to discuss the future of sports in Nigeria.
Watch the new episode below:
- Nollywood Actor, Ernest Asuzu, Dead At 37 | Newspot
- Trey Songz Arrested After Physical Fight With Police OfficerGuardian Life — Newspot – Nigeria and World News
- Security guard jailed for 1 month for aiding escape of two suspectsNigeria — Newspot – Nigeria and World News
- Relocate to schools premises or face sack – Kano Government tells principals | Newspot
- Sportsville awardees are credible sports individuals, says NFSC bossSport — Newspot – Nigeria and World News