Remember when Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) explained away her decision to acquit President Donald Trump of impeachment last year because, in her opinion, “the president has learned from this case?”
Well, Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO) gave us the sequel to that hopelessly naive notion on Sunday morning.
Amid a growing chorus of Republicans calling for the president to resign for inciting an insurrectionist attack on the U.S. Capitol, Blunt appeared on CBS News’ Face the Nation and criticized Trump’s behavior. But at the same time, he stopped short of calling for the president to step down—insisting Trump has actually learned his lesson this time.
- Meghan McCain Seems to Count Herself Among the ‘Cult of Trump,’ Tells Critics to ‘Go to Hell’
- Republicans Come Crawling Back to Trump Three Weeks After Capitol Riot
- MyPillow Guy Peddles Crazy Twitter Conspiracies in Tucker Interview
- Lil Wayne Celebrates Pardon: High & Sipping LEAN At Maskless Miami Party!! (Pics)
- ‘Publishing Professionals:’ Cancel ALL Deals with Trump and His Supporters