Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra state, on Saturday, October 17, visited the infamous Awkuzu SARS station and bailed three detainees.
This came following his promise to grant bail to people who committed minor crimes offenses but have longed over stay their bail time.
The people of Anambra State, has demanded for the excavation of Akwuzu SARS unit, as they accused officers of killing innocent young boys in Anambra State.
Governor Obiano said that the Commissioner of Police in the state has released everyone detained illegally, saying that other people not released will remain there until their cases are determined.
Obiano had sacked his security aide, and Former OC, Awkuzu SARS, CSP James Nwafor, after he was accused of killing innocent people during his time in the force.
- EndSARS Protesters in Awka, on their way to Awkuzu SARS
- DO YOU AGREE? Governor Willie Obiano Of Anambra State Is An Hypocrite, Opportunist And Not Proactive (See This)
- James Nwafor is on the run – Bonaventure Mokwe-Dikeh
- #ENDSARS: Police Open Fire On Protesters In Anambra
- Awkuzu SARS: Nigeria’s most dreaded specialized police unit