Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State has denied the alleged plan to dump the Peoples Democratic Party for the All Progressives Congress.
Governor Umahi in his reaction to the report described the claim as ‘a product of a figment of imagination on the part of the carriers’.
He reacted in a statement released through his media aide, Francis Nwaze.
The PDP Governor said, “My attention has been drawn to the news making the round in some quarters of the media, alleging that the Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. David Umahi has defected to the All Progressive Congress (APC).”
“The news is a product of a figment of imagination on the part of the carriers as Governor Umahi was, is, and is still flying the flag of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).”
“It is, however, difficult to observe how people are easily persuaded to believe in fake dummies in the name of rumours. If for any reason, Governor Umahi wishes to leave People Democratic Party (PDP), it will be officially communicated and can never be a product from rumour mongers. The general public is advised to jettison such unfounded rumour.”
- Ebonyi: Umahi May Dump PDP For APC This Week
- Defection Plan: Ebonyi Assembly gives PDP 7 days ultimatum to zone Presidential slot to South East
- Ekiti PDP thanks Fayemi for painting market constructed by Fayose, queries N2.75bn loan
- INEC’s Okoye, Akwa Ibom, Edo RECs are PDP – APC replies Lauretta Onochie’s critics
- Onochie: APC Defends Buhari, Lists PDP Members That Are Also INEC Commissioners