Gov. Nyesom Wike of River state has distributed brand new 41 Range Rover Discovery Sport Utility Vehicles (SUVs) to serving judges of the state High Court.
While delivering vehicles, the governor noted that the judges quarters have been completed in the state, while promising to release the certificate of Occupancy to them.
Wike said he made the move as part of fulfilment of the promise he made to improve the working conditions in the state judiciary and to enhance effective delivery of justice.
He equally announced to them that the Judges quarters which he initiated would soon be completed and promised to release the certificate of occupancy to them as well.
“It is my pleasure to once again welcome the honourable Chief Judge of the Rivers State High Court, the President of the Customary Court of Appeal of the state and all other honourable judges, who are here to witness the ceremonial handing over of new Sport Utility Vehicles to our judicial officers serving our state and the nation.
“In a similar vein, this occasion also gives me pleasure to announce the completion of the newest and most modern judges’ living quarters in the country.
“Today, we are taking yet another unprecedented step to replace the old vehicles of our judges in fulfilment of our promise as part of our continued efforts to improve the working conditions and enhance effective delivery of justice in the state.”
- Minister urges IBEDC, TCN to synergise for effective service delivery to customers
- Nobody Can Say PDP Is Not Fulfilling Its Promises In Rivers – Wike Reveals
- IGP Ordered Me To Leave Edo State On Eve Of Election – Wike
- ONDO DECIDES: Akeredolu, APC reply Wike on alleged pressure on INEC to rig election
- Only Ignorant People Will Call Me ‘Supreme Court’ Governor – Uzodinma