The fire catastrophe that took place on Tuesday 1 June affected 25 shops worth millions of naira.
It is still unknown what caused the fire.
Governor Bala visited this scene on Sunday, June 5 to show sympathy and check out the extent of damage to the victims.
He also ordered the release of funds as immediate assistance to the victims and pledged to restructure the market in Sabuwar Kasuwa in line with his administration’s commitment to modernize state-wide markets.
“As part of our administration’s desire to modernise markets across the state, we will also consider restructuring this market to advance business activities and further assist in reducing the level of fire disasters in marketplaces,” Mr Mohammed said.
Previously, the Bauchi State Emergency Management Agency Director, Kabiru Kobi, said that the agency was already assessing damages to allow the state government to document and interfere correctly.
“Your Excellency, 25 shops were affected as a result of this fire incident, and goods worth millions of naira were destroyed.
“SEMA has conducted an assessment of the damages for proper intervention and assistance by the state government to alleviate the sufferings of the victims,” explained Mr. Kobi.
The post Governor Mohammed Orders Release Of Funds To Market Fire Victims appeared first on Newzandar News.
- IkoyiGate: ‘$44m Recovered From NIA Office Not With Us’ – NSA
- Stop Living A Fake Life For Instagram’ – Michelle Page Blasts Bobrisky After He Revealed Plans To Gift Fan A Benz Worth ₦10m
- Twitter boss, Jack Dorsey liable for #EndSARS losses – Lai Mohammed
- I’m A Descendant Of The 1st West African To Have A University Degree In 1611- Reno Omokri Boasts
- Fire Razes Emir’s Palace In Yobe, Governor Buni Reacts