Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) and governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi has revealed that governors will take the COVID-19 vaccine on live television to demonstrate to their residents that the vaccine works.
He made this known after a closed-door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari in Aso Rock Presidential Villa, Abuja.
He also noted that the president has agreed to convey to the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, the need to use influencers such as religious leaders, entertainers, and athletes to engender the confidence of citizens at the state and local level.
According to the governor, this move will help to address the cultural and religious concerns around taking the vaccine.
The post Governors Will Take COVID 19 Vaccine On Television – Fayemi appeared first on Information Nigeria.
- Don’t Risk The Lives Of Your Citizens, Fayemi Tells Gov Bello
- Do Not Risk The Lives Of Your Citizens, Gov Fayemi Tells Gov Bello – Newspot
- COVID-19: Gov Bello entitled to his opinion, but not risk Kogi people’s lives— NGF
- COVID-19: NGF reveals date Nigeria will assess vaccines, disown Yahaya Bello claims
- Nigeria Governors’ Forum Disowns Yahaya Bello Over COVID-19 Vaccine Death Claims