Inter Allies picked their first win in eight games in a 1-0 victory over WAFA at the Accra Sports Stadium on Saturday afternoon in matchday 15 of the 2020/21 Ghana Premier League season.
The Capelli boys endured six consecutive defeats before drawing 2-2 at the Dansoman Carl Reindorf two weeks ago.
Former Asante Kotoko striker, Richard Arthur, came close to breaking the deadlock for Allies when his long-range drive was tipped over the bar by Sabi in the first-half.
Musah Hashim had to make a goal-line clearance just at the stroke of stoppage time in the first half to keep the scoreline at 0-0.
Konadu Yiadom hit the upright for WAFA before Nafiu Sulemana headed in the winner in the 62nd minute from a corner kick.
The Academy boys pulled the equalizer late in the game, but it was ruled out for an off-side.
The win gives Inter Allies 11 points after 15 games, but are still rooted at the bottom of the league log. WAFA are 9th on the table and have won none of their last four games.
Watch highlights below:
The post GPL: Inter Allies claim first win in eight games against WAFA [VIDEO] appeared first on Newzandar News.
- Opoku, Mensah miss penalties for either side as Super Clash ends goalless
- Ronaldo Hits 20th League Goal In Win Over Spezia
- Man Utd Frustrated By Penalty Row In Chelsea Stalemate, Bale Stars For Spurs – Newspot
- Understanding the sports betting phenomena in Nigeria
- Joe Root’s says, ‘4th test victory and a drawn series will be great achievement by England team’