Head coach of Accra Great Olympics, Annor Walker, says his side is now a contender for the 2020/21 Ghana Premier League title after initially limiting expectations to finishing in top 4 at the end of season.
The former Mighty Jets coach has been on a sick leave for about a month now and has resumed coaching duties at the Wonder club ahead of this weekend’s round of games.
Walker believes how the club transformed as the season unfolds is positive, and fans of the club will be happy to see him lead the club to glory at the end of the season.
“From the start of the season, I said our aim is to finish in the top four, but I think things have changed,” he told Asempa FM.
“For me, I will be happy to steer the club to win the Ghana Premier League title. Everyone will be happy when we are able to do this.
“The supporters will want to see this come to pass, but it will also take hard work and I believe in my players.”
The Dade boys currently sit 4th on the league table with 21 points after 13 matches played.
Great Olympics will host Elmina Sharks in matchday 14 at the Accra Sports Stadium on Tuesday, February 16, 2021.
The post Great Olympics are now Ghana Premier League title contenders–Annor Walker appeared first on Newzandar News.
- Premier League Title Race Is NOT Over – Man United Manager Solskjaer Vows
- U20 AFCON: Ghana against Cameroon will be interesting tomorrow—Karim Zito
- Arsenal vs Benfica Is A Final Match – Manager Mikel Arteta
- Everton secure planning permission for 53,000-capacity stadium
- EPL: Arteta gives reasons for shouting at Arsenal players during 1-0 defeat to Man City