On Saturday evening, unknown gunmen attacked a rice mill factory in Kano State, killing a man identified as Alhaji Isa Abubakar in the process.
According to Sahelian Times, the gunmen were said to have invaded the factory on Saturday at about 10 pm.
According to an eyewitness, the attackers tried to abduct the man but his resistance triggered them to shoot him.
“They attempted pulling out one man from his car, but he initially resisted. Eventually, they threw him out of the car and shot him in the chest,” he said.
He added that the gunmen ran away with his car and left him in the pool of blood before he was rushed to a hospital.
Confirming the development, Abdullahi Kiyawa, the Kano State Police Public Relations Officer, said the victim died in the hospital due to excessive loss of blood.
In a similar development, some armed men engaged police in a shootout in December, and successfully kidnapped a businessman, Abdullahi Kalos, at Minjibir town, Minjibir Local Government Area of the state.
- Police Confirm Kidnap Of Anchor University’s Deputy Vice-Chancellor – Newspot
- We came from Sokoto – Suspected kidnappers arrested in Ekiti
- Form 3 Kenya Student Stabbed In The Head Over A Padlock
- COVID-19: Kano Assembly postpones resumption until further notice
- Gunmen Abduct Delta State University SSANU Chairman