Gubja town in Yobe state have been invaded by gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists and gunshots were reportedly fired sporadically.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the heavy gunshots have forced residents to scamper for safety.
A source told newsmen that the attackers who invaded the town this evening have burnt a primary school and construction work equipment.
As at the time of filing this report, the identity of the assailants is not yet ascertained, but the attack is similar to that of Boko Haram/ISWAP militants.
Gujba town is few kilometers away from Damaturu the Yobe State capital and the attack is coming three days after Boko Haram insurgents invaded Geidam town where they burnt public and private property in addition to the looting of shops
The post Gunmen storm Gujba town, burn school, construction work equipment in Yobe appeared first on Within Nigeria.
- Gov Sule Never Said Boko Haram Members Are In Nasarawa – Lai Mohammed
- Gunmen storm Abuja orphanage home, kidnap 7 orphans, 3 others
- Gunmen kill police officer and soldier in Delta, cart away their guns
- Boko Haram and bandits have been largely curtailed, says Chief of Air Staff, Sadique Abubakar
- BREAKING: Gunmen Shoot Soldier Dead, Cart Away Rifle In Delta