HBO Max doubtless knew it was courting royal controversy when it stealth-dropped its new show The Prince, a new series centered around a foul-mouthed and inconsiderate animated version of Prince George, the 8-year-old son of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
But still, they probably didn’t expect the reaction to be this bad.
Social-media users, fan sites, and industry accounts piled on Thursday to complain that the new show is not only cruel and abusive to an 8-year-old child, but also disrespectful to the memory of the only recently deceased Prince Philip. They also—much more worryingly for HBO at least—said it is not very funny.
- Chicago Mom Allegedly Shot 12-Year-Old Son Dead in Rage Over Missing Memory Card
- Don’t Be Afraid of Frank Ocean’s Green Baby at the Met Gala
- Prince Andrew Wants To Remarry Fergie?! Love Reportedly Bloomed Amid Teen Sex Trafficking Allegations…
- Mom Allegedly Kills Her 12 Year Old Son Over Memory Card
- I Remain Loyal To My Governor, Shaibu Denies Rift With Obaseki