Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, has revealed that five northern governors will hold a security meeting with him in Abeokuta today.
This is coming at a time when some areas of the state namely; Eggua, Ketu, Igbooro, Iselu, Agbon-Ojodu, Asa, Ibeku, Imeko and Oja-Odan have been attacked by Fulani herdsmen.
The governor on Monday led security chiefs and some members of the State Executive Council to some of these areas.
Abiodun stated that all the concerned groups would be represented with a view to charting a way forward on the security situation in the state.
He said, “I have called a stakeholders’ meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) with my colleague governors, who are Fulani and have people here.
“Five governors are coming to Abeokuta from the northern states. We will call some of you to the meeting to discuss the matter.”
He, however, did not disclose the names of the Governors he would be meeting.
This is coming a day after four northern governors met with Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde over the Yoruba-Hausa clash in Shasha on Saturday.
The post Herdsmen Attack: Abiodun Hosts Five Northern Governors appeared first on Information Nigeria.
- Nigeria Facing War From Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen Not Insecurity — Nnamdi Kanu
- Fulani Herdsmen Not Behind Attack On Ebonyi Community – Govt
- Work Together Against Common Enemy, Ohanaeze Tells ESN, Ebubeagu
- Insecurity: 6 northern govs unite to fight banditry, terrorism
- Northern Governors React To Killing Of 12 Soldiers In Benue