Brian Sicknick wanted to be a police officer “his entire life.”
The South River, New Jersey, native joined the New Jersey Air National Guard as a means to that end. He served in post-9/11 Operations Enduring Freedom and Desert Shield, and worked as an SP for the 108th Air Refueling Wing at New Jersey’s Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst.
But, at just 42 years old, he was killed defending the country’s pillar of democracy when a pro-Trump mob tried to overtake the Capitol building on Wednesday.
- US: What Trump will do during Biden’s inauguration revealed
- Baseball Bat-Wielding Far-Right Militiaman Charged Over Capitol Riot
- Capitol Rioters Keep Outing Themselves on Social Media
- Shahid Kapoor starrer Jersey to have a theatrical release this Diwali
- Karl Rove: ‘Strong Likelihood’ Trump Will Be Convicted if Giuliani Leads Impeachment Defense