DALLAS—Millions are without power in the Lone Star State as local and state government officials struggle to respond to the most devastating winter storm in over 100 years.
Perhaps no scene in this city best captures the absurdity of the predicament Texans find themselves in than the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center. Capacity approximately 500, it is a “warming center”—the only such center opened in a city of 1.3 million people. No cots on offer, nor any guaranteed food. Sitting room only, despite the fact that less than a dozen individuals occupied the warming center as of 5 p.m. When asked, those managing the center were unsure of exactly how many were expected.
Despite the warming center, perhaps due to the pandemic, most have opted to either remain at home, or seek refuge with friends, family, or at a hotel.
- JT Claps Back At Lil Uzi Vert’s Ex Brittany Boyd On Twitter
- BREAKING: Abducted Zamfara Schoolgirls Regain Freedom
- How I made my senior brother call off his wedding with fiancee – Man shares
- GUYS!! Your Wife Made A Salty Food,Complain In A Romantic Way. (The Best Lines Wins)
- The Off-the-Shoulder Top Is Back, and Vaccine-Jab Ready