The House of Representatives has adjourned plenary and other parliamentary activities till September 14, 2021.
This follows the adoption of a motion for adjournment moved by the Deputy House Leader, Peter Akpatason (APC, Edo).
Despite the close of plenary, Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila announced that the committees on Finance, Appropriations, Agriculture will continue with their works during recess.
Before the close of plenary on Friday, the lawmakers passed the Electoral Amendment Bill and Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) amid controversy that saw the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) caucus stage a walkout.
- Congress fails to extend eviction moratorium expiring Saturday
- Senate passes $2.1 billion Capitol security bill
- Child Protection Law useless unless implemented – Katsina Children Parliament
- Willie Nelson headlines protest rally on Texas Capitol steps.
- HBO’s New Animated Royal Satire ‘The Prince’ Is Tasteless, and, More Seriously, Not Even Funny