The screening exercise for the newly appointed service chiefs by House of Representatives has started on Wednesday, February 17.
According to the lower chamber of the National Assembly, the nation must do everything possible to get the issue of security right in memories of all those who have died in the fight against insecurity.
Chairman of Committee on Defence and Chairman of the Ad-hoc Committee screening the Service Chiefs, Hon. Babajimi Benson, said the House will give the service Chief all the required support to succeed in their assignments, if confirmed.
It is the first time the House of Representatives is conducting the screening of Service Chief, which Benson said is in accordance with provisions of Section 18 (1) of the Armed Forces Act, Cap A20 Law of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 which required that the nominees be confirmed by the National Assembly.
Those for screening include Chief of Defence Staff, Major-General Lucky E.O Irabor; Chief of Army Staff Major-General Ibrahim Attahiru; Chief of Naval Staff Rear Admiral Awwal Zubairu Gambo and Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Ishiaka Oladayo Amao.
The post House of Reps commences screening of service chiefs appeared first on Within Nigeria.
- Buhari Holds National Security Council Meeting With Service Chiefs, Others
- We’re still using 119,973 polling units created in 1996— INEC
- Oil industry losing investments to non-passage of PIB – Okowa
- COVID-19: Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Others To Get Vaccines Monday
- US reacts to appointments of WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala, new service chiefs