The FBI-Homeland Security intelligence bulletin circulated at midnight Tuesday is ominous, but entirely predictable, given widely published reports of far-right chatter over the past several weeks: It alerts local law enforcement officials that extremists may try to breach the U.S. Capitol on Thursday and attack Democratic lawmakers.
The warning is based on a malevolent fantasy spread by followers of QAnon, the cultish pro-Trump movement, that Donald Trump will reemerge to take power as the rightful president on March 4, which was Inauguration Day until 1933. Preposterous, but the FBI has learned not to dismiss any threat, no matter how irrational.
- Final Fantasy XIV Online’s PS5 open beta arrives tomorrow: here’s what you need to know
- Russia Says US Troop Pullout From Afghanistan Risks ‘Escalation’ – Newspot
- Texts Show D.C. National Guard Celebrating as They Intimidated George Floyd Protesters With Helicopters
- Biden faces tangle of sanctions in talks with Iran | Newspot
- Drop Religious Discrimination, End Insecurity – CAN Tells Lawmakers