Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho, has been returned to the custody of Brigade Criminelle in Cotonou, Benin Republic.
This is as the Cour D’Appel De Cotonou adjourned the case involving the Yoruba rights activist till Friday, July 23, 2021.
Igboho and his wife, Ropo, were arrested at the Cardinal Bernardin International Airport, Cotonou while trying to catch a flight to Germany.
He is currently being tried for obtaining a Beninise passport without being a citizen.
After the hearing, the government lawyer didn’t address journalists.
Ìgbòho’s lawyer, however, explained that “this is not the best time to say anything on the case”.
He expressed optimism that things would turn out for good.
The post Igboho Returns To Cell As Beninise Court Adjourns Hearing Till Friday appeared first on Information Nigeria.
- Sunday Igboho to Benin court: “I fled Nigeria to avoid being killed”
- Igboho To Benin Court: I Fled Nigeria To Avoid Being Killed
- The Cotonou Prison Where Igboho Will Be Held For Weeks (Photos)
- Sunday Igboho: S/West Govs Afraid, They Are In Chains – Lawyer
- Buratai asked for Igboho to be handed over to him but was told Benin Republic follow the rule of law – Falana