Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mohammed Adamu, has ordered the redeployment of 21 Commissioners of Police to new commands and formations.
The Deputy spokesman of the force, CSP Aremu Adeniran made this known in a statement on Tuesday.
He noted that the redeployments of the commissioners is with immediate effect.
According to the statement, the Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, who is now a Commissioner of Police is to maintain his position as the police spokesman.
Those affected include CP Adeleke Bode who was posted to Kebbi State; Philip Maku (Special Protection Unit, Force Headquarters, Abuja); Ali Aji (Sokoto); Ohikere Idris (Armament, FHQ, Abuja); Daniel Sokari-Pedro (Commandant, Police College, Ikeja) and John Amadi (Port Authority Western, Lagos).
Others are Ngozi Onadeko (Oyo); Mohammed Aliyu (Enugu); Haladu Musa (Border Patrol, FHQ, Abuja); Sikiru Akande (Cross River); Aliyu Garba (Ebonyi); Abubakar Bature (Airport command); Yusuf Ahmed (Department of Operations, FHQ); Aliyu Alhaji (Adamawa); and Frank Mba (Force Public Relations) and others.
- IGP Redeploys 21 Police Commissioners – Newspot
- #EndSARS: We Are Working With Judicial Panel To Make Ethical Adjustments – Frank Mba
- #EndSARS – We Are Working With Judicial Panels To Make Ethical Changes – Frank Mba
- LAWMA Denies Laying Off Sweepers In Lagos
- Lagos Police arrest suspected traffic robbers, bakery workers who robbed employer with dummy pistol