A late goal from Kelechi Iheanacho sealed a hard fought 1-0 against Brighton and Hove Albion and sent Leicester into the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.
It was Iheanacho’s second goal in his last three games for Leicester after netting in the 2-0 away win against Fulham.
Iheanacho, who replaced the returning Jamie Vardy in the 62nd minute, scored in the 94th minute to send Brendan Rodgers’ side into the last eight.
The Super Eagles star jumped highest to head in Youri Tieleman’s cross from a quickly taken corner.
Also in action for Leicester was Wilfred Ndidi who returned from injury and was in the starting eleven before going off for Hamza Choudhury.
Meanwhile, Iheanacho was voted Leicester City’s Man of the Match, after he netted the winner in the FA Cup win.
Leicester announced Iheanacho as the winner on their verified Twitter handle after conclusion of votes by the club fans.
In a four-man shortlist, the 24-year-old polled 40 per cent of the 1,453 votes cast.
The post Iheanacho’s late header sends Leicester to FA quarter finals appeared first on Within Nigeria.
- Leicester Held By Burnley, Villa Shocked By Sheffield United – Newspot
- Mohammed Dauda earns manager’s praise after fine outing for Anderlecht
- Sheffield United Earns Third Victory Of The Season
- Laycon Breaks Record; Becomes First BBNaija Winner To Hit 1M Followers On Twitter
- India vs England: After 4th Test, Mumbai Indians Jasprit Bumrah will also be rested for T20 and ODI series against England