The Lagos State Government has commenced total enforcement and clampdown operations against indiscriminate dredging activities and unapproved shoreline extensions along Lagos Waterfront.
Speaking about the exercise in Alausa, the Commissioner for Waterfront Infrastructure Development, Arc. Ahmed Kabiru Abdullahi, disclosed that the Ministry has issued Stop-Work-Order notices to illegal operators of reclamation and unapproved shoreline extension along Lagos Lagoon Waterfront, beside Oriental Hotel and Osapa London Shores, along Lekki/Ajah corridor.
He emphasised that the Ministry is determined to carry out its statutory responsibility of regulating, monitoring and managing waterfront activities as empowered by the Waterfront Infrastructure Development Law 2009, adding that Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has also approved the setting up of a task force team to carry out the enforcement exercise.
Arc. Abdullahi pointed out that the exercise will be a continuous one to ensure the protection of the State’s shoreline and safety of lives and property of the people.
He, however, urged companies and individuals desirous of carrying out dredging activities such as reclamation and extension work in the State to approach the Ministry of Waterfront Infrastructure Development for necessary guidelines, clearance and approval.
The leader of the enforcement team and Director of Special Projects, Dredging & Monitoring in the Ministry, Mr. James Iranola, expressed the determination of the team to clamp down on perpetrators of all illegal activities along the shorelines of the State.
- Enugu govt extends verification of status of monetised quarters
- Nigeria’s fastest growing HMO offers free mammograms to women aged 40 and above
- Nigerian Agency Finally Registers Blockchain Start-up, Blames Employee for Rejection of First Application
- NDLEA Intercepts 2060kg Heroin, Others At Lagos Airport, Ondo, Edo, Kano
- Declare Bandits Terrorists, 36 State Speakers Tell Buhari
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- Find out the truth – the tuple report will be released on Wednesday
- Bitcoin charges $ 64,000 as Tesla ATH pushes Elon Musk to $ 250 billion in net worth
- MacOS Monterey deployment now: how to download
- Iranian governor slapped during speech by another Govt official (Video)
- Iris Scanning Worldcoin Idea Fuels Objections From Privacy Advocates — Snowden Says ‘Don’t Catalog Eyeballs’