Former Commissioner of Information in Edo State, Charles Idahosa, has revealed that he has been begging Governor Godwin Obaseki to dump the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and return to the All Progressives Congress, APC.
According to him, many who defected along with the governor to PDP last year are not happy with the situation they have found themselves.
This is as he blamed the former National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Adams Oshiomhole, for Obaseki’s defection to the PDP.
He told Daily Independent, “Obaseki returning to APC? That will not happen. I have been begging him that we should go back to where we came from but he said no, he is not interested because I am not comfortable with the way we are being treated”.
“I told him we only escorted you here and now you have got it, you are already a two term governor, can we now go back to where we are coming from? He said no!. He never made any promise that after he wins he will come back to the APC”.
“The President didn’t want Obaseki to leave APC but Oshiomhole pushed his luck too far. Oshiomhole said he wanted direct primaries but the state exco said it wanted indirect primaries and the president told him at a point that whether direct or indirect, return Obaseki but Oshiomhole went back to the drawing board and made sure Obaseki did not participate in the primaries and disqualified him”.
- Atiku, Tambuwal, Mohammed Show Interest In Contesting 2023 Presidency
- APC State Congress: Appeal Committee Visits Kwara, Promises Fairness
- Zulum: All IDP Camps In Maiduguri To Be Shut By December 31
- Man In Trouble After Killing His Wife Over Jealousy
- Ndume: Insecurity Is Reducing… FG Doing Its Best To Tackle Challenges
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- London Irish stun Exeter for first win of season
- Bitcoin “still bullish” even as BTC price drops to $ 50,000 – analysis
- DMX real estate battle gets even MORE complicated as alleged 15th heir surfaces pretending to be his child
- Man Who Won Over N410m In Lottery Says He Simply Wants To Buy Slippers And Toothbrush
- Man Puts Himself Up For Sale Due To Hardship In The Country