The Imo State Government on Friday recovered the Royal Palm Estate along Akachi road allegedly belonging to former Governor Rochas Okorocha’s wife, Nkechi Okorocha.
The seizure was in compliance with the directive of the Imo State gazette on the report of the Judicial Commission of Enquiry on recovery of Lands and other related matters.
The Commissioner for Lands, Enyinnaya Onuegbu, who led the team that took the estate allegedly acquired by the ex- Governor’s wife on Friday evening, said the Government has sealed up the place till further notice.
According to him: “This is as a result of the recommendation of the commission that all illegal lands and structures acquired by the administrations between 2006 and 2019 should be taken over by the government.”
He said the current administration was not resting on its oars in recovering all the stolen properties of the state especially those carted away by the previous administrations.
The Commissioner added in line with the 3R mantra initiative of Governor Hope Uzodimma, the state must continue to work with the relevant laws and recommendations of government agencies and commissions no matter whose ox is gored.
The post Imo government takes over Royal palm estate allegedly owned by Okorocha’s wife appeared first on Within Nigeria.
- Don’t Enter Into Agreement With Okorocha, Group Tells Uzodinma
- Okorocha’s Kinsmen Move To Recall Ex-Governor From Senate
- Man, 35, allegedly kills wife in Anambra
- Artiste,10 Others Paraded For Robbery, Possession Of Stolen Properties In Osun
- Zamfara: Finally, Matawalle Names First Person Responsible For Jangebe Girls Abduction