The management of Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education (AIFCE) has confirmed the death of a senior lecturer, simply identified as Mr Echetama, who slumped and died in a lecture hall on Tuesday.
The Acting Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the college, Mr Joseph Okwulehi, who confirmed the death to newsmen in his office on Wednesday, said the management has advised the staff and students of the institution to be calm and wait for the official position of the institution on the issue.
“I can confirm to you that a senior lecturer slumped in a classroom on Tuesday and was confirmed dead at the Federal Medical Center (FMC), Owerri.
Echetama, until his death, was a senior lecturer at the Department of Business Education.
Meanwhile, the development has forced students to keep away from lectures over an emerging rumour that the sudden death of the lecturer was connected to COVID-19.
Students were seen on Wednesday vacating school hostels, while others fled the school premises for the fear of contracting the dreaded virus.
- LAUTECH ‘Lecturer’s’ Sex Tape Leaks
- Drama As Students Beat Up Lecturer For Collecting Answer Scripts Too Early (Video)
- DO YOU AGREE? Lautech Should Be Renamed To Pornhub or Laupornhub
- Video: Lady Beats Up Lecturer In Auchi Poly For Refusing Her To Write An Exam
- Kasala Don Burst! UniAbuja Students Beat Up Lecturer For Collecting 3-hour Exams Papers After Just 45-minutes