Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere, has faulted the Federal Government for hunting secessionist agitators in the country.
The group stated that insecurity would have ended should the regime of the President Muhammadu Buhari treated bandits and terrorists the way it has been treating Yoruba Nation activist, Sunday Igboho; and leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.
National Publicity Secretary of Afenifere, Jare Ajayi, made this known in a statement on Tuesday.
The group was reacting to the arrest of Igboho in Benin Republic and his impending extradition to Nigeria.
Reacting, the Afenifere spokesman stated that the news of the arrest was a surprise but the body is still studying the situation before making a formal statement as details of the arrest is still sketchy.
He was however quick to add that security agencies appear to be more active in hunting those who are peacefully agitating for the rights and better deals for their people than they appear to be in dealing with bandits and terrorists who have deprived thousands of innocent Nigerians of their lives and properties.
“If half of the energy deployed to apprehend (leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra) Nnamdi Kanu, and Sunday Igboho had been deployed to the menace of terrorists and bandits who kill, rape, rob and kidnap people, we would not have been in the unfortunate security mess that we are presently.”
The post Insecurity’ll End If FG Treats Bandits Like Igboho, Kanu —Afenifere appeared first on Information Nigeria.
- Actress, Rita Edochie Calls For The Release Of Nnamdi Kanu, Says ‘We Can’t Continue To Be Third Class Citizens’
- Rita Edochie calls for release of IPOB leader: “Free Nnamdi Kanu now”
- Cleric Reveals What Nnamdi Kanu, Igboho Must Do To Secure Release
- PHOTOS: Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Strikes Pose With Femi Fani-Kayode
- Hushpuppi: Treat Abba Kyari Like You Treated Kanu, Igboho – Moghalu Tells Buhari