Jeff McConney, a high-ranking accountant at the Trump Organization, has reportedly already testified before the special grand jury in New York that yielded a criminal indictment against the company. But as prosecutors look at additional charges, never-before-seen testimony from McConney during an earlier civil case four years ago shows that while this Trump insider quickly acknowledges when the company runs afoul of the law, he does his best to protect the boss.
Through a public records request, The Daily Beast obtained a transcript of a confidential 2017 interview between the New York attorney general’s office and McConney, who has been a controller at the Trump Organization for more than three decades.
During that interview, McConney addressed a number of scandals at the now-defunct Trump Foundation. And even though he was quick to defend Donald Trump himself, McConney showed a willingness to admit errors that could help prosecutors build their case now.
- Former Top NXIVM Lieutenant with New Career in Dog Grooming Dodges Prison
- Olympics Insider Calls Bullshit on Firing of Black Performer From Opening Ceremony
- QAnon-Loving Ex-Marine Accused in Capitol Riot Fled to Mexico as Feds Closed In
- Billionaire Developer Mulls Closing NYC Tourist Hot Spot After 14-Year-Old Leaps to His Death
- Vice Uses Staff as Saudi Arabia Focus Group