Gon Coulibaly, Prime Minister of Ivory Coast, has died at the age of 61.
Patrick Achi, presidential spokesman, in a statement today, said Coulibaly fell I’ll while the cabinet meeting was ongoing, and was evacuated to a hospital where he passed away.
Naija News had learnt that President Alassane Ouattara had nominated Coulibaly to succeed him later this year.
He was nominated under the ruling Rally of Houphouetists for Democracy and Peace Party (RHDPP) in March.
He had returned to the country from France, after a prolonged stay on July 2.
NaijaNews understands th
He had traveled regularly to France since having a heart surgery in 2012.
Despite his prolonged hospitalisation in Paris, the ruling party’s executive director had said there was no “plan B” to Coulibaly.
When he returned to the country last Thursday, he had said: “I am back to take my place by the side of the president, to continue the task of developing and building our country.
Ivory Coast now has four months to nominate a successor to the outgoing president.
- Why APC Didn’t Use Military To Overrun 2019 General Elections – Buhari
- Our mistakes in 2019 cost APC some states — Buhari
- ‘We Could Have Used Military, Police To Overrun Some PDP States’ – Buhari
- Ondo 2020: ZLP NEC Clears Agboola Ajayi As Governorship Candidate
- BBNaija: See who each housemate nominated for eviction this week (Video)