Like 82 million others, I voted last year to entrust America to a moderate Democrat named Joe.
Little did I expect that the Joe who’d end up with the last word on a host of vital national issues would be Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia.
Manchin’s ascendancy came thanks to the Democratic victories in the two Georgia runoff races in January. That gave the party 50 votes in the Senate and control, thanks to the decisive tie-breaking vote of Vice President Kamala Harris, so long as the caucus maintains unity. What they could not count on, it turned out, was Manchin.
- South-West PDP Reps caucus hails zonal congress
- Buhari Welcomes Ramadan, Urges Citizens To Remember The Poor And IDPs – Newspot
- PDP South-West Congress Was A Scam: Fayose
- Makinde’s Candidate, Arapaja Emerges PDP South-West Chairman – Newspot
- Why Nobody Can Become President Without Rivers, Lagos, Kano – Wike