Macy’s annual July 4 fireworks show will be close to normal next month — after 2020’s “pop-up” shows designed to discourage large gatherings, Mayor Bill de Blasio said Tuesday.
“Obviously, things are moving in the right direction to be able to have something much more like we’ve had historically, but we still have to be smart about it, and we have to structure it for this kind of transitional moment we’re in,” de Blasio said at his daily virtual press briefing.
“[Fireworks will be] definitely much more like what we’ve had before than what we experienced last year, but we’ll have a fun announcement on it soon.”
“We’re going to make a full announcement soon, with the details,” the mayor said.
In summer 2020, the Big Apple was home to small firework shows in each borough, before a striking grand finale atop the Empire State Building.
Metro | New York Post
The post July 4 fireworks will be close to normal this year, de Blasio says appeared first on Newzandar News.
- Maya Wiley spearheaded NYCHA WiFi program that failed to deliver: records
- Quando Rondo Says He’s Struggling To Book Shows: Let That Sh*t Go!!
- Adams, Garcia in dead heat as mayoral race reshuffles in closing days
- Maya Wiley rails against billionaires — despite big-bucks backing by George Soros
- Reps Want ‘State Of The Nation’ Address Compulsory For Presidents