A very good K9 sniffed out 88 pounds of illegal sausage at Newark Liberty International Airport, officials announced Monday.
The expert beagle, named Kody, was examining luggage coming in from Kosovo Friday when he alerted his handler to a suspicious suitcase, Customs and Borders Protection wrote in a news release.
When staff examined the luggage, they found approximately 88 lbs of “swine sausage,” which are prohibited from entering the US from Kosovo, CBP said.
“The importation of swine meat, though seemingly harmless to the general public, could cause grave damage to our economy and agricultural industry,” Troy Miller, the Director of CBP’s New York Field Operations, wrote in a statement.
The passenger, seemingly unaware of the meat mandate, had declared the franks and told officials they were “homemade sausages,” which got him out of a fine or any further penalty.
It wasn’t immediately clear what staff did with the sausages or if Kody was awarded them as a prize.
The post K9 sniffs out 88 lbs of ‘homemade sausage’ at Newark airport appeared first on Newzandar News.
- Passengers and airline staff fight over flight cancellation
- Siberian tiger ‘attacks’ snowman at Finland zoo
- After Whistleblower Claims Coders Are ‘Enslaved’ Two Employees at the Same Chinese Company Die Suddenly
- Germany deepens ties with Africa on automotive industry development | Newspot
- 8 Signs Your Nigerian Boyfriend Is Not Husband Material