Students of the Government Science College Kagara, Niger State released last Saturday have revealed that bandits said the secret to their successful operations in the North-west was their collaboration with informants.
Suleiman Lawan speaking on behalf of the students, on Sunday during a brief ceremony to reunite them with their families, said the bandits claimed there was no way they could succeed in their attacks without the help.
He stated that the bandits claimed that insiders willing to offer information help their business strive.
Lawan said: “They said, how can they successfully carry out their kidnaps without insiders. They said they don’t work alone but with informants within the environment, they attack. That even as we were with them, they have information from different persons of reactions to our kidnap including security personnel and other members of the society.”
“During the attack on our school, some of our teachers and our students lost their Laptops, motorcycles, handsets among others to the bandits. But, we all thank God, we came back all alive.”
While thanking the Niger State Government for rescuing them, he urged the bandits to have a change of heart and drop the kidnap of innocent people and return to their former trade.
- “We Were Ready To Lose Students In Planned Bandits’ Bombardment” – El-Rufai
- What I And Obasanjo Discovered About Bandits – Gumi
- Parents Of Kaduna College Students Celebrate Freedom Of Their Children – Newspot
- Insecurity: APC Begs Nigerians To Support Buhari
- President Buhari appeals for the release of the abducted Greenfield University students