Governor Abubakar Sani Bello of Niger State has said that the Kagara students and the staff of their school have not been released.
Report had said that the students who were abducted by bandits had been released and received by the state government.
However, Bello while speaking when he received the released passengers of NSTA bus said the students are still in captivity.
He said, “We still have the students of Government Science College Kagara in the hands of the captives and everything is being done to ensure their release.”
The Secretary to the State Government SSG, in Niger State, Ahmed Ibrahim Matane, also shed more light on the issue.
He said, “There is nothing much yet on their release. We are still making contacts with them and we are hoping that we will reach the end of this interface and get some positive outcome very soon.’’
On why government cannot use force to secure their release, Matane said: “It will be difficult because the bandits dressed like students to carry out the operation, so it will be difficult to differentiate the bandits from students and we don’t want to cause any collateral damage”.
The post Kagara Students Have Not Been Released – Niger gov appeared first on Concise News.
- Kagara Abduction: Four Bandits ‘Swapped’ With Freed Victims
- Do Not Be Afraid Of Bandits, Send Your Kids To School – Niger Gov’t Tell Parents
- Breaking: Seven Abducted As Bandits Storm Another School In Kagara
- RESCUED KAGARA SCHOOLBOY: No food, no water, we were tortured throughout in the jungle
- Kagara: Secret To Bandits Successful Operations Revealed