The Kaduna State University, suspended academic activities for its undergraduate students indefinitely.
KASU Registrar, Samuel Manshop, on Tues, June 8, disclosed in a statement said postgraduate programmes, college of medicine, faculty of pharmaceutical sciences and part-time programmes are to continue with their activities.
However, the school administration did not give reasons for the suspension but said that the staff are also expected to continue to report to work.
“The management of KASU wishes to notify staff, students and the public that academic activities for undergraduate students have been suspended indefinitely.
“Postgraduate programmes, college of medicine, faculty of pharmaceutical sciences and part-time programmes are to continue with their activities.
“Staff are also expected to report to work as usual, while management will communicate further developments,” he said.
This is coming few weeks after students of KASU took to the streets to protest the increase in their tuition fees by the Kanu state government.
The state government also sacked lecturers who participated in the protest by the Nigerian Labour congress.
- UNIZIK notice on new postgraduate programmes
- Insecurity: Kebbi Shuts 7 Schools Indefinitely
- 235 Military Officers Undergo Counter-Terrorism Training In Kaduna
- Kebbi State Government Closes Down Seven Schools Following Recent Abductions
- GTBank Masters Cup Season 9: Eko Boys high school, Lead Forte Garden crowned champions