A former Senate President, Ken Nnamani, has visited the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and former Governor of Lagos, Bola Tinubu.
Nnamani, during his visit to the residence of the APC leader, commended him for stopping the third term agenda of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
The former lawmaker visited Tinubu on Monday following his return to the country from a medical trip in the United Kingdom.
Naija News had earlier reported that Tinubu returned to the country on October 8, after spending more than two months in the UK.
Nnamani used his visit to present his new book titled, ‘Standing Strong: Legislative Reforms, Third Term and Other Issues of the 5th Senate’ to Tinubu.
Although Obasanjo has denied seeking a third term in office, Nnamani in the book said the former president promised senators elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party automatic tickets in the 2007 elections if they voted in favour of the bid.
The spokesman to Tinubu, Tunde Rahman quoted Nnamani saying, “Your many contributions to the growth of democracy in Nigeria stand strong. Your role in NADECO and your efforts along with those of others helped in terminating military rule.
“You helped many times in stabilising the country. You assisted me a lot during my time as senate president and particularly in stopping the third term project of former President Obasanjo.”
This article was originally published on Naija News
- Osinbajo Decides On 2023 Presidency ‘After Tinubu Snubbed Him, Adeboye In London’
- We Will Back You For 2023 Presidency – Kano Speaker Tells Tinubu
- Kano Will Support Tinubu In 2023 – Speaker
- Nigerians React As Adamu Garba Praises Buhari For Taking Care Of Nnamdi Kanu
- How Lack Of Restructuring Is A Threat To 2023 Elections – Nwodo Tells Buhari
Subscribe to Get More News via Email
- Find out the truth – the tuple report will be released on Wednesday
- Bitcoin charges $ 64,000 as Tesla ATH pushes Elon Musk to $ 250 billion in net worth
- MacOS Monterey deployment now: how to download
- Iranian governor slapped during speech by another Govt official (Video)
- Iris Scanning Worldcoin Idea Fuels Objections From Privacy Advocates — Snowden Says ‘Don’t Catalog Eyeballs’